The Historical Courthouse of Tehran, the capital of Iran.
Using neoclassical architecture, the architect for this extraordinary building was Czechoslovak architect Stanislav Sůva.
The bas relief of Justinia, also in the neoclassical style, was done by sculptor, Lajos Biro. This is a bold and courageous statue of Justice; strong in stance, clear of vision, firmly holding the scales and sword. All figures in sculpture are looking to Justice for their well being.
The Courthouse of Tehran was built between 1938 and 1946, as the construction was suspended for several years due to World War II.
Today, High Council of the Judiciary is located in this building serving as the Ministry of Justice, the law court, and the criminal and civil courts.